Friday, May 6, 2016

Peer Review For Ryan Wolfe

It's the last blog post of the semester, and I'm not even going to be talking about my own work!

For this review, I'll be looking at Ryan Wolfe's "A Reflection" for one of his essay's body sections. My comments for him can be found here.

An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed

I'll be talking about Ryan's rough draft for his final project in the form of a video essay, and I provided some suggestions on the form he employed.

An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback

Ryan has an excellent rough draft of his reflection, but I feel like the voiceover was a major lackluster part of the piece, and re-recording it would do the video a great service. Also, by integrating the video cuts better the video will have a more cohesive flow.

An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback

When looking at the video essays posted for us to view and my own from project 3, I found that integrating video clips well and having a good voiceover were both super important to a video essay.

One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from

It was interesting to see how he broke down the reflection into projects rather than into different personal sections like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment