Sunday, May 1, 2016

Production Report

It's time to get cracking! Let's take a look at the first draft for my final project's introduction.

Outline Opening:
"Talk about how it's been a rough semester for many reasons, but now that it's almost over, it's time to reflect on the work that I've done. Provide a brief overview of the topics I'll be discussing."

Rough Introduction:
Terry Hayes once wrote that "the world doesn't change in front of your eyes, it changes behind your back," a sentiment that I find rather comforting as I look back on the experiences that I have had and shared this semester. I walked into an English class in January knowing little of what to expect besides what I had experienced in classes prior. As time passed I found that the class I was expecting was vastly different from the one that I received, but I was able to adapt to the challenges and see that my understanding of English was growing each day. Now I see a future where I will not only be expected to write, but to provide insight into the situation at hand. Despite this knowledge that I have now, I did not always see this class as a way to strengthen my understanding but time makes that detail clear. Yet as I made my way through the course I was forced to struggle with conducting research like I never had before, understand how I needed to manage my limited time, and even take care of myself in order to become a proficient writer.

How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?

Writing an essay is vastly different from a podcast and even a QRG since it often has a much more formal tone along with having less of a focus on easy to read snippets but rather on the information being presented and how it is presented.

How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?

It was kind of difficult to figure out how I wanted to start the piece since I'm not entirely sure of all of the points that I'll be making yet, but after a while I figured out where I wanted to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment