Sunday, March 13, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

So, what's the deal with ECE writing?


Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know

I know that this is a very rough cut and that I'll probably be going through another time to re-record the segments with a more coherent and focused recording session. Hopefully I can achieve this over spring break and update the draft so that I get more constructive feedback than I would with this draft.

Major issues or weaknesses in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses)


I would like to talk more about the presentations and lectures section of my draft, but I didn't quite have enough time to finish covering it this week. I would like to expand more on the emotion and logical appeals within the genre and help explain to students how these might be effective or ineffective for listeners.

Major virtues or strengths in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)

I believe that the interviewees that I had for this project were very helpful in what they brought to the table for me to share with you, and that their insight helped me along the way. Also, I feel that the detail which I shared about the strategies used in research papers is a helpful way to cover the majority of tools writers use in that genre.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Colby!

    Your podcast was neat! I honestly had no idea that lectures were a genre, but I think you did a good job presenting the different genres. I analyzed your use of evidence throughout your podcast and noticed that you did a fairly good job. You cite them verbally and are specific when it comes to the source, but is there any document or website that you're directly citing? I'm sure your final cut will have one, but if not, I hope my review helped to remind you!

    ReplyDelete