Saturday, March 26, 2016

Peer Review for Marvin Chaires

Moving on to a different type of genre, I'm going to go ahead and review a QRG to see how my information can be presented in different ways.

I'll be reviewing the piece "Chemical Writing in Some of Its Shapes and Sizes" by Marvin Chaires and giving my feedback for his rough cut so far.

An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed

While writing a QRG there are a number of elements which will help the reader get the most from the piece, so I'll be making a re-design recommendation where I talk about the way that Marvin presents his information.

An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback

I know that one of the things that's very important in a QRG is how the reader interacts with the text, so I hope that by providing a few suggestions for Marvin I helped him increase the readability and interactivity of his text so that the reader gets all the information they need.

An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback

Looking at the QRGs done by previous students (including myself) I realized that a QRG is a difficult form to master, since it requires a good integration of images and hyperlinking to keep the reader interested. Also, these examples show that separating the sections clearly is very important to make sure the reader doesn't get confused while reading.

One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from

I liked the way that they included a summary of what was important in each section so that the reader has a brief recap of the conventions of that genre before moving on to the next one being presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment