Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assessment

We made it everyone! I'd like to thank everyone that got me here, except Kanye West because he definitely did not make famous, so I guess I'll have to do that myself.

File:Canada's fireworks at the 2013 Celebration of Light in Vancouver, BC.jpg
Ritt, Stefan "Canada's Fireworks" 7/31/13 via wikipedia. Public Domain.

1. How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? 

Honestly, I feel pretty good about it. I feel like my QRG would actually be pretty useful to anyone that's unfamiliar with the topic, and I'm proud of that. For a genre that I've never worked in before, I think it went pretty well, and I'm interested to see where my next projects go.

2. What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? 

If I had to choose anything as a major weakness, it would be the length of my QRG. Unfortunately, I wasn't always entirely sure what information to keep and what to put on the chopping block, so most of it ended up staying, and I feel that the length of it may be too long.

3. What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? 

I feel like the guide itself is very informative, and accurately portrays the Ivanpah controversy in a way that would be helpful to people that aren't entirely sure what it's about or the specifics of what went on. Also, I feel like as a QRG there are several graphics and images which can really help show how the controversy unfolded and provide other useful information to the reader as they go through the guide.

4. What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? 

Well, I'll be frank here, I didn't plan my time very well at all. I know that, and I hope that one the next projects I budget my time more effectively during the week so that I don't have to focus solely on English during the weekend before it's due. While I was still able to achieve all of the deadlines, I know that there were a few where I definitely cut it close and I hope to not make that mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment