Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

So, I found out that I don't use many pronouns in my writing. Is this a good or a bad thing?
Writing, Writer, Notes, Pen, Notebook, Book, Girl
StockSnap "Writing Writer" 9/21/15 via pixabay. Public Domain.

1. Based on your analysis, how effective is your pronoun usage in Project 1? What does actively examining your pronoun usage tell you about your writing style?

In my draft there were very few pronouns outside of references to the reader, I was actually very surprised by that. I found that in my writing I am very unlikely to use pronouns, most likely because I find it confusing when there are multiple entities being talked about simultaneously such as in my controversy.

2. Are there any instances in your project where you speak to or refer directly to the audience? If so, how effective are these moments at creating a bond or connection between audience and author?

Each one of my references to the reader occurs within the introductory paragraph, which serves the purpose of putting the reader in the setting as one of the employees of Ivanpah. I think these are very effective as all of my peer reviewers found that this helped them understand the area and the plant fairly well. However, I don't really believe these create an emotional bond, but rather help the reader immerse themselves in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment