Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review 1

While writing any new piece, it is always important to receive feedback on the work that you've done to be able to fine tune it to perfection for release.

L, Alan "Sunset over four telescopes of the Mauna Kea Observatories" 2/17/08 via wikimedia. Public Domain

For today's peer review, I looked through the Quick Reference Guide on the Thirty Meter Telescope, posted here by Erica Mohr. While reviewing this document, I realized that my own guide was severely lacking in the description of stakeholders within the controversy, and that I did not include any social media about the event, which I feel could have added a new view from both the environmentalists and industry professionals. However, I found that while reading through the document, I felt that the number of pictures compared to the actual amount of text seemed rather high, something that I do not want to do within my own guide. Also, the pictures that were included were often lacking solid commentary behind their meaning which I hope to provide. The rubric that I prepared to show all of my grading choices is located here.

No comments:

Post a Comment