Sunday, April 17, 2016

Peer Review For Jack Auslen

Let's get to reviewing!

For this review, I'll be looking at Jack Auslen's rough draft of Project 3 which currently does not have a title. My comments can be found here.

An explanation of the peer review activity you selected for the project you reviewed

I'll be reviewing Jack's rough draft of his college essay, and I'll be talking about a little about the form that needs to be used in a college essay.

An explanation of how you think you helped the author with your feedback

While I think he has a good start, there is still a lot of work to do to make it a true essay. Without citations, it is hard for the author to gain credibility with their readers. Also, I think it would benefit Jack to make it less story like and more factual.

An explanation of how you incorporated something from the suggested Student’s Guide readings (or any other course materials, if you’d prefer) into your feedback

When reading the essays posted on D2L, it was very evident that in text citations are a must for a college essay, but Jack did not have any at this time.

One thing about their work that you admired or think you could learn from

I think Jack is trying to take on a very interesting and very important topic, and it's interesting to see his take on something that hasn't quite unfolded all the way yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment