Sunday, April 10, 2016

Production Report

It's time to get started on Project 3, so I thought I'd make my introduction first.

Content Outline - Rough Draft Intro
Outline Item - Intro
For my opening, I'm probably going to try and open with a clip of one of Awlaki's moderate teachings, to show the stark contrast between the man that was killed and the man that used to be. I'll introduce the topic and the key events leading up to the day of September 30, 2011.

How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?

Since it is a video, I thought it would be important to have something open that wasn't just myself talking over a static picture, and I think that by introducing the topic through al-Awlaki himself it would make it more interesting for the viewer.

How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?

Finding an opening video was somewhat difficult, since YouTube has removed most of the videos from al-Awlaki due to requests for their takedown from the US government. Other than that though, it went pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment